- How to make the most of a solar greenhouse (attached to your house) and sell lots of starter plants
- Building Low Hoop Tunnels for very little money
- How to Farm without tilling (after the first year anyway)
- How to build customer loyalty (tips on marketing)
- And more
4811 Mulberry Rd Otto, NC 28763
706 746 4440
Directions: Take Hwy 441 N to Dillard. Turn L on Betty Creek Rd (across from Gulf station). Go 5 miles to the NC/GA line (becomes Mulberry Rd). 2/10ths of a mile turn left at marker 4811/4815. Turn left at Leah Lake sign onto gravel drive.
- Farmers Market building and cannery was paid for by SPLOST
- Farmers market has room for 66 vendors /
- Market generated about $500,000 in 2012
- Market had about 160,000 people visit the market
- New cannery was only open the last week of September through last week of October (normally in one years time the old cannery processed 12,000 jars of food, last year in one months time they processed 6,000 jars).
- Usually around 150 people used the old cannery per year. In that one month around 250 used the new plant.
- They think the cannery will generate around 20,000 jars of food this year valued at around $100k.
- It will open the first Tuesday in July through October. Open Tuesday and Thursdays from 6:30 until 12:30. Open to anyone.